Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Adventurous.

Lily has shown that she's more border collie than anything else.

She is the smartest freakin' dog I have ever met in my life.

My tiny 6-pound puppy is usually baby-gated in our pantry, since it's a small area that can contain her crate, toys, food, and her beanbag chair while providing a safe area for her to explore and play with while we're away. We went out to dinner at Denny's, and when we came back, I hopped over the baby gate to see my precious baby girl.

... She was nowhere to be found.

Frantic, I called for her, both of us bewildered until we heard the tiny tinkling of her collar as she trotted downstairs, acting as if nothing was wrong, and it was completely normal for someone that small to ESCAPE THE BABY GATE.

Keep in mind it was well-positioned and not loose in any way. She climbed it.

We now have two baby gates stacked on top of each other. Let's hope that she becomes potty trained before we need to figure out something ELSE that will hold her...

No comments:

Post a Comment